WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT US AT VISUALEYES OF THE PALM BEACHES
We tailor our examinations for the age and the specific needs of our patient. We believe that comprehensive eye examinations are an important part of the health care process. We pride our self’s in being efficient and getting you through the exam process in a timely manner with out compromising giving you a thorough exam.
What happens during an eye examination?
- Complete Medical History Intake
- Visual Acuity
- Glasses selection or contact lens fitting (if desired)
How often should you have your eyes examined?
The American Optometric Association recommends:
- All children receive their first regular eye examination at 6 months of age.
- If all is normal at the 6 month evaluation, the next examination is recommended at 3 years of age.
- Between the ages of 6 and 18 an eye examination is recommended before the 1st grade and every 2 years thereafter or yearly for children at risk or with current eye problems (this includes children whose parents developed eye conditions when in elementary school or children wearing glasses or contact lenses).
- Patients between 18 through 40 years of age should be examined every 2-3 years*.
- Patients between 41 through 60 years of age should be examined every 2 years*.
- Patients 61 years old and older should be examined yearly.
*Patients with current eye problems or at risk to develop certain eye conditions should be examined yearly regardless of age. This includes any patient who currently wears contact lenses. Contact lens wearers should be examined at yearly intervals or more frequently as the doctor directs.